Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bedridden in Bed-Stuy

Okay, so I wasn't really bedridden at all.  But, I liked how it sounded in the title.  :-)

On January 6th, after flying back to NY on a redeye flight from my perfect trip to LA, I came home early on a Sunday morning, went to sleep and woke up with what felt like a sprained ankle.  To this day, I don't know what it was.  I don't remember twisting it, falling or dropping anything on it.  But, I couldn't put all my weight on my right foot.  There was swelling for the next few days and it wasn't until this week that it felt normal again.

Can I just tell you how terrible it is to have a foot/ankle/knee injury in NY?  We walk everywhere here.  We need our lower extremities to be fully functioning every day.  Limping around here was not fun.  Going up and down stairs was arduous.  Walking to and from the train was exhausting.  Going anywhere was pretty much a chore.  I'm not the most patient person in the world and I pride myself on walking fast and hate being stuck behind slow walkers.  So, you can how frustrating that 2 and a half weeks was for me.  I thought I had really accomplished something when one morning I limped passed a man on crutches.  WIN!!!

I'm MUCH better now and back to being able to make plans and not worry about the amount of walking I'll need to do.  But, it was very weird this mysterious injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment