Monday, June 30, 2014

Countdown to 30!

In about 3 hours (on the East Coast) and 6 hours (on the West), I turn the big three oh...30 years old.  Man!  Grown ups are 30!  Your early 20s suck because you're learning most things the hard way.  Your late twenties are fun as you learn who you are and flex your independence.  And, I hear your thirties are the best years of your life!  I'm looking forward to finding out if that's true.

Anyways...as I approach my 30th birthday, I'm feeling like a true adult.  Here are some things I'm learning or have learned about the adult me:

  • I'm an introvert - I love you all.  But, I get my energy from being alone.
  • I enjoy traveling alone (probably because I'm an introvert).
  • Jewelry makes me happy.
  • Food makes me happier.
  • Sweets make me happiest.
  • My body is changing and I can't eat all of the food and sweets that I want anymore.  I should probably start working out too.  But, I can still buy jewelry!  :-)
  •  Being a good aunt and god mother is important to me.
  • I love hard and I have a hard time letting go of people I love even when I know I need to.
  • Although, I've learned to tame it (somewhat), I can be a jerk when I want to be.
  • I love kids. But, thinking about pushing one out of me (or one being pulled from me) makes me wanna pass.
  •  Turning 30 doesn't freak me out.  I'm actually really looking forward to what my thirties will bring.
Happy Dionna Day Eve!  Tomorrow, we begin the best month of the year - my birthday month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment